• character home, holiday cottage & gallery on pembrokeshire coast• direct coastal path access, panoramic countryside & distant sea views• 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 1 WC with large reception rooms• successful luxury holiday let established in refurbished section• full of character features with contemporary interior styling• potential for multigenerational living or use as large family home• further commercial potential for 2 cottages in gallery area• ample parking with landscaped lawns and southerly garden• desireable coastal location within pembrokeshire national parksOverviewA characterful detached seven bedroomed property in a lovely coastal location within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, with a rich heritage dating back to 1802 when it was the local school.
Over the years it has seen use as a public house, ballroom and in 1969 became a residence and art gallery to well known artist and sculptor Arthur Giardelli.
Currently the property is owned by a local artist and businessman, who along with his wife have painstakingly renovated most of this large, gracious home they share with their two children.
The entire property was re-roofed and all the interior walls at Golden Plover have been injected and tanked after taking back to the original stone.
They were then re-rendered with some stones left exposed along with some window and door lintels.
Many other character features have been preserved and artfully blended with the comfort and conveniences of modern day living.
Over their 7 year tenure the vendors have divided the property into two interconnecting residences.
The Cottage has been fully refurbished featuring quality fixtures and fittings such as Upvc, carbon filled and triple- glazed windows by Letterston Windows providing superb insulation and soundproofing.
Additionally, there are high quality carpets and underlay throughout the Cottage which is a successful holiday let.
The main house is still in the process of renovation with work continuing on a luxury bathroom and new central heating.
The layout offers great flexibility to continue as a residence with income from the holiday let, use as separate dwellings for multigenerational arrangements, or return to one large seven bedroomed home.
Potential exists and architect plans drafted for further development of two additional holiday lets or a tea room in the gallery area - subject to local planning permission.
LocationGolden Plover is in the friendly hamlet of Warren featuring The Church of St.
Mary with its impressive spire, the property enjoys a rural setting very close to the coast, yet a short 6 mile drive from Pembroke with all the necessary amenities, schools and shops.
The Castlemartin Peninsular is a popular area with both locals and tourists due to the many spectacular geographical attractions along the coast; Stack Rocks, The Green Bridge of Wales, Huntsmans Leap, the chasms of Stennis Ford and St Govan's Chapel to name a few.
Nearby, Stackpole Estate which is owned by The National Trust is abundant with woodland and cliff top walks and a short distance away are the well known Bosherston Lily Pools – surrounded by mature woodlands abundant with wildlife that include herons, cormorants, swans and a family of otters.
Also close by is the Castlemartin military training facility covering a large coastal area owned by the Ministry of Defence (MoD), and is within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
Golden Plover would appeal to those who would enjoy living surrounded by open countryside in a rural but not remote setting, with access to some of the most impressive coastline in Wales, with 6 beautiful sandy beaches within 10 minutes drive, the nearest being the award winning beach of Freshwater West only 2 miles away, with Broad Haven South and Barafundle Bay boasting the same award!HistoryThe Earl Cawdor lived at Stackpole Estate and, along with his father Baron Cawdor, was instrumental in the development of the area, building Golden Plover as an agricultural school in the 1800's as well as the Bosherston Lily Ponds.
In 1802 Golden Plover was opened as the village school with custodian Lady Victoria Cawdor involved in the running of the school until later use as a public house and ballroom.
Regrettably it fell into almost ruin until purchased and restored as a home and gallery in 1969 by Arthur Giardelli, a well known artist with an affinity for nature and an interest in recovered materials.
Finding inspiration here, the gallery housed many of his works - both paintings and sculptures, and is still used to display the art works of the current owner.
Giardelli became attracted a world wide audience with his work in numerous museum collections and at the Tate Gallery in London.